Wow, we asked you guys to come up with some of your favorite short stories, and boy did you deliver! We here at Aliteration decided to compile a list of all the works/comments you guys gave us so everyone out there can get some reading done!
- “A Hunger Artist” by Franz Kafka
- “Tlon, Uqbar, Orbus Tertius”, by Borges.
- “A Perfect Day for Banana Fish” by JD Salinger
- Anything by Karen Russell (note not a story name literally anything Karen Russell has written, but hey maybe she can write a story called anything, someone talk to her about that)
- I agree with Ernest Hemingway. He can write a spankin’ story.
- “Run, Mourner, Run” - Randall Kenan
- Almost anything by Vonnegut or Bradbury, and most by Dick.
- “Pet Milk” by Stuart Dybek
- “Barn Burning” by Wililam Faulkner
- “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Gilman Perkins
- “Harrison Bergeron” by Kurt Vonnegut
- “A Sound of Thunder” by Ray Bradbury
- “The Library of Babel”- Borges (wrinkled my mind)
- “Harrison Bergeron” by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien, and
- “The Dead” by James Joyce
- “An Arrangement of Lights” by Nicole Krauss.
- “Style” by Tim O’Brien in The Things They Carried
- “A Wall of Fire Rising” by Edwidge Danticat
- “The Garden Party” by Katherine Mansfield
- “The Bath” by Raymond Carver
- “The Sniper” Liam O’Flaherty
- “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury
- “The Music of Erich Zann” by H.P. Lovecraft
- “I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream” by Harlan Ellison
Got a great one that we missed? Feel free to let us know, we’ll edit the list so that yours appears! Happy Reading!
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are ‘It might have been.’
What now on the other hand makes people sociable is their incapacity to endure solitude, and thus, themselves.
With the worldwide success of our Soulection Compilation Volume One which featured some of the most promising producers of our generation two years ago in January 2011, it was essential to create volume two. It’s amazing to reflect on our progression and how far we’ve come in just 730 days. Here we are after 25 releases later with our first official record! It has almost been a year since we started to compile this project. Since day one we’ve known that we would get to this very point.
These specific artists are all Soulection affiliated and we feel that every track on here has a “timeless’ feel to it. In fact, we feel that this record is one that you can play years and years down the line and still get that original feeling of when you first heard it. There tracks have no expiration date; styles that have no flow. This record was created and compiled to change your perspective on music and the future of where we are headed.
Stay doing what you love and remember that this is the sound. This is where it’s at!
Soulection Compilation Vol. II: Time in Between | Duration: 42.1 Minutes
Compiled by Joe Kay
01. https://soundcloud.com/Supachip - Supacomputer Love
02. http://soundcloud.com/Lakim - LVRS
03. https://soundcloud.com/TaKugotbeats - Handful
04. https://soundcloud.com/Sangobeats - On My Mind All the Time
05. https://soundcloud.com/Bosstonemusic - Static
06. https://soundcloud.com/Holygrailers - Black
07. https://soundcloud.com/VincentPaolo - Idle Hands
08. https://soundcloud.com/Sweaters - Magic
09. https://soundcloud.com/Sivey - Cause and Effect
10. https://soundcloud.com/Koenbeats - 1018
11. https://soundcloud.com/Jusoul - Beginner’s Pottery
12. Teebs - Duck Melody (https://soundcloud.com/Co_fee Remix)
13. https://soundcloud.com/Glenn-astro & https://soundcloud.com/imyrmind - Time in Between
14. https://soundcloud.com/Bamalott - So Long Sunshine
15. https://soundcloud.com/Evilneedleprod - Summertime
Jay Scarlett (Ampsoul/Beat Dimensions) - “The ‘Time In Between’ album sets out to showcase the abundant talents and efforts of the Soulection label young guns, this album undoubtedly showcases maestro Kay’s ability to pick up on similarities in sound and presence seeking that soulful genre which is so welcomed in today’s micro studio music.”
Paul Pre (Vast) - “Mind blowing Compilation from one of my most favorites Labels out there. One of the few where you can’t find a single boring song, straight timeless masterpieces. Big Up!”
Sean Osborn (Sound Waves - KPFK) - “Time In Between is a perfect example why Soulection is the sound of the future!”
Tim Parker (You’ll Soon Know/NTS) - “Time in Between strips away the need for genres and buzzwords and simply brings a special feeling throughout the whole release, something you’ve now come to expect from every Soulection release and radio show.”
Teaser mixed by Paul Pre (Our favorite DJ)
Artwork by 96
Mastered by Haruto
Source: SoundCloud / SOULECTION
This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Alvaro Munera’s career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this otherwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.
Torrero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: “And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth.”
Page 1 of 27